Aged, Blind, and Disabled Medicaid (ABD)
ABD Medicaid is for adults 65 and older or anyone who is disabled according to Social Security. The ABD Medicaid program is an income and resource based program. Medicare eligible people may qualify to have their Medicare premium paid each month through other Medicaid programs. Click here for the Medicaid Application.
Most Frequently Asked Medicaid Questions:
- What is Medicaid?
Medicaid is like health insurance. It provides health coverage to eligible people of all ages.
- What is the difference between Medicaid and Medicare?
Medicare is an insurance program serving people with disabilities or who are 65 or older who have worked and “earned qualifying quarters” and are now eligible for medical coverage regardless of their income. Medicare is federally funded and administered by the Social Security Administration. Ohio’s Medicaid program is a health coverage program serving eligible low income people of all ages who do not have enough money or health insurance coverage for medical care. Medicaid is funded by both the federal government and the State of Ohio and is administered by Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.
- If I have medical coverage through Medicare or private insurance can I get Medicaid too? Should I cancel my private insurance?
Yes, you may be eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid. Medicaid may pay what Medicare does not cover. You may be eligible for Medicaid coverage even if you have other health insurance. Because Medicaid is based on income it is a good idea to keep your private health insurance.
- How long can I continue to get Medicaid coverage?
There is no time limit for most Medicaid categories. You can be covered by Medicaid as long as you meet eligibility guidelines.
For more information about Medicaid: Visit here.
Additional Service Programs:
Home and Community Based Service Waivers to help consumers stay in their homes instead of in nursing homes, hospitals, or institutions for persons with mental retardation and developmental disabilities. Medicaid health care also includes long-term care benefits if a person has a medical need for 24 hour supervision and support.
Medicaid Nursing Homes:
- Arbors at Milford 5900 Meadowcreek Dr. Milford 513-248-1655
- Arborview 5405 Fomorin Rd. Owensville 513-724-3338
- Bastin Group Homes 3772 Bass Rd Williamsburg 513-734-2662
- Benton Center P.O Box 700 Owensville 513-732-9341
- Batavia Nursing & Con. 4000 Golden Age Dr. Batavia 513-732-6500
- Cedarcreek P.O Box 700 Owensville 513-732-3337
- Clermont Adult Residential homes 513-407-5922
- Clermont Nursing and Con. 934 St.Rt. 28 Milford 513-831-1770
- Community Concepts 5611 Ivy Rd. Milford
- Dobbins Nursing Home 400 Main St. New Richmond 513-553-4139
- Eastgate Health Care Ctr. 4400 Glen Este With. Cincinnati 513-752-3710
- Morris Nursing Home 322 S. Charity St. Bethel 513-734-7401
- Residential Concepts 117 Kermit Ave. Williamsburg 513-724-3841
- Sem Haven 225 Cleveland Ave. Milford 513-248-1270
- Sunrise Manor & Con. P.O Box 54923 Cincinnati 513-797-5144
- S.O.D.C 4399 E. Bauman Ln Batavia 513-732-9200
- Sycamore Vista 800 Riverside Dr. Batavia 513-735-6666
- Wmsburg Residential Alt. 205 Curry St. Williamsburg 513-724-1177
Click here to download a Waiver Application.
Click below to view the required information documents for Medicaid Applicants and Recipients.